So I was told about this new yogurt made by Farm Pride yesterday. My friend couldn’t stop talking about it and how it’s a product made here in Naija, so i bought it (he did actually), and after having a taste of it, Lord it was soooooooo nice. Trust me when i say that, cos I am very hard to please and also I’m not a yogurt fan. Sincerely, I was expecting it to suck (dont judge me) but nah, I sure have to recommend it to you all.
So the reason why I think you should start taking the new Farm Pride Yoghurt:
the milk used (which is fresh though, don’t worry I’m bad like that) has a lot of benefits. Some include:
- muscle building due to the presence of milk proteins; “casein and whey”.
- muscle contraction, nerve transmission, cellular communication and
- circulatory health as milk supplies calcium and phosphorus.
- fat metabolism
- vitamins and minerals in fresh milk might help lower your risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
sucrose, another of its ingredient, is important for energy. It is the raw material for the body to form glucose, or blood sugar, which feeds the brain.
now the culture (Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB) culture) used has a lot of benefits too, they are:
- Inhibit pathogens, such as E. coli or Clostridium perfringens
- Prevent diarrhea caused by (rota)virus or Salmonella
- Reduce effects (or eliminates) Candida infection
- Restore mucous lining of the “gut”
- Stimulate immune system
- Kidney stone development may be decreased by improving the “gut” flora because probiotic bacteria has been shown to neutralize oxalate, one of the risks for developing kidney stones. (California Dairy Research Foundation and Dairy and Food Culture Technologies)
- Release vitamins, minerals and enzymes from foods, making them readily-available
- Destroy wide-range of natural and synthetic toxins in raw foods
- Increase defecation, reducing constipation
- Break down sugars, starches and lactose for easier digestion
- Pancreas, liver, kidney are less stressed
- Help in the relief of anxiety and depression (enzymes play a huge role in gut-serotonin